Sign up for the Three Wishes Blog Blitz!
I’m holding a joint blog event to encourage cross-promotion and increased blog traffic to authors and bloggers. This is on 2nd September 2013 to coincide with the release of my novella, I Dream of Johnny on 1st September. Rather than just promote the new release, I wanted to do something where everyone’s a winner – authors, bloggers, and readers.
How would it work and why is it called the Three Wishes Blog Blitz?
As you may have guessed from the title of my novella which is play on the TV show, I Dream of Jeannie, the story involves a virtual genie in a magic lamp granting three wishes. For Mandy, one of these wishes goes hilariously wrong (she ends up with a Geek God instead of a Greek God). So I thought I’d do a ‘Three Wishes themed’ blog event.
How it would work is that interested authors or bloggers would create and schedule a blog post for 2nd September, and link it back to mine which will contain links to all the participating blogs. Each participating blog (and mine) will offer some sort of prize to readers who leave a comment, and the winners will be drawn a week later at the conclusion of the blog event.
The blog posts can relate to the theme of three wishes, wishes in general, or something to do with magical elements in fiction, romantic comedy, or even geeks as characters. For example, you could simply have a blog post titled: ‘My Three Wishes’ and write about what you would wish for if you had a magic lamp. The answers could be serious (world peace…etc) or funny (the ability to always find good parking spots)…etc, whatever you like. You could even have a photo blog post with pictures of three things you would love, three celebrities you’d love to meet, or three places you wish you could travel to…etc. You create the title for the post, and simply include the blog event title in brackets, eg: My Three Wishes [Three Wishes Blog Blitz]
What’s in it for you?
- Increased exposure and visits to your blog and/or books from cross-promotion. My official blog post will link to all the participating blogs and I’ll encourage people to visit as many as they can to take part and go in the draw for prizes. One person could potentially win multiple prizes, so it’s an enticing blog event.
- Potentially increased number of blog subscribers and new readers.
- Offer value to your existing blog subscribers and readers.
- A way to blog without having to come up with yet another idea for a post! (I’ve done the idea-part for you ;))
- Chance to win prizes yourself! Even participating blogs can enter the prize draws on other blogs.
- Chance to win a special ‘blog participant’ prize, reserved for one of the lucky bloggers who take part.
- You never know, your three wishes might even come true! 😉
Plus, it’ll be fun and we’ll all benefit from the combined marketing efforts during the week of the event.
I participated in a similar blog event through Book’d Out last January, and that post remains one of my top five most popular blog posts this year, thanks to the cross-promotion through all the participating blogs.
>>If you’re interested, sign up here, and feel free to share this opportunity with others. The more the merrier!
[UPDATE>> As of Thurs 4th July, 40 blogs have signed up. More are welcome!]
(Participating blogs will receive more details via email and will receive a reminder when the event is approaching).
Tweet this post (copy & paste into a tweet):
Want more visitors to your blog? Sign up for the Three Wishes Blog Blitz! via @Juliet_Madison https://julietmadison.wordpress.com/2013/06/29/three-wishes-blog-blitz/
Looking for something to blog about? Here’s an idea: via @Juliet_Madison https://julietmadison.wordpress.com/2013/06/29/three-wishes-blog-blitz/
Bloggers! Authors! Cross-promotional blog event coming up. Sign up here: via @Juliet_Madison https://julietmadison.wordpress.com/2013/06/29/three-wishes-blog-blitz/
Posted on June 29, 2013, in Announcements, Marketing & Promotion and tagged blog blitz, blog event, blog tour, competitions, giveaway, i dream of johnny, three wishes. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.