For Book Clubs
Current reading guides are available for:
1. Fast Forward
2. The January Wish
1. FAST FORWARD (Read about the book here):
– Reading Guide / Book Club Questions for those who’ve read the book (contains spoilers): Download here in pdf: FAST FORWARD READING GUIDE QUESTIONS FOR BOOK CLUBS.
– General Chat / Discussion questions for those who have or haven’t read the book (no spoilers): Download here in pdf: FAST FORWARD CHAT QUESTIONS, or read the questions below:
1. If you could jump ahead to any time in the future, what age would you choose?
2. How much influence do you think society and media have on a woman’s perception of beauty?
3. What’s the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
4. Have you ever received a shocking or embarrassing birthday present?
5. What’s your happiest birthday memory?
6. If you could have any invention in the future what would it be?
7. What do you most dread and most look forward to about getting older?
8. What did you want to be when you grew up? Has your life turned out the way you expected so far?
9. Is there something you’ve always wanted to do in your life but haven’t yet?
For twitter chats, use the hashtag #FastForward
2. THE JANUARY WISH (Read about the book here):
– Reading Guide / Book Club Questions for those who’ve read the book (contains spoilers): Download here in pdf: THE JANUARY WISH – READING GUIDE QUESTIONS.
– General Chat / Discussion questions for those who have or haven’t read the book (no spoilers): Download here in pdf: THE JANUARY WISH – chat questions, or read the questions below:
1. If you could attend the Tarrin’s Bay Wishing Festival, what would you wish for?
2. The Wishing Festival is a significant part of Tarrin’s Bay history and culture. Does your town have a regular event that you enjoy?
3. What’s the most out of character thing you’ve done?
4. Do you live in a small town? If so, what do you like most about it? If not, what do you love about where you live?
5. Are you good at keeping secrets?
6. In The January Wish, Mark uses natural medicine and acupuncture with his patients. Have you used/do you use natural treatment methods for health issues?
7. The character of Sylvia is very concerned with her reputation as a doctor. Do you think doctors and health professionals have a responsibility to behave a certain way in public to uphold their professional image?
8. What did you want to be when you grew up? Did anything happen along the way that made you change course?
9. What is one thing you are passionate about doing?
10. Name something that people might not know about you:
For twitter chats, use the hashtag #TheJanuaryWish
>>Follow Juliet on twitter: @Juliet_Madison
*Juliet is available to participate in online chats and discussions via facebook, twitter, forum, e-loop, chat system…etc. Please enquire at jtmauthor(at)gmail(dot)com