Paula Roe answers Juliet’s Ten Awkward Author Questions!
Posted by Juliet Madison
In this new segment, authors will be subjected to a list of awkward questions that may reveal more about themselves than they really wish to share, and they will receive a score on the ‘Braveometer’. If they choose to answer only five questions, they are a ‘Brave Author’, if they answer 6 to 9 questions they are a ‘Mega-Brave Author’, and if they answer all 10 questions they are an ‘Ultra-Brave Author’!
Today I’d like to welcome Paula Roe, award-winning romantic fiction author!
1. If only one of your books could have been / could be published, which one would you choose? (C’mon, I don’t want to hear ‘Oh, I love them all, there’s no way I could choose.’ Time to be ruthless, these are the Ten Awkward Questions after all!)
The first one, definitely. Needed to get that off my chest!
2. Okay, now which one of your children/family members would you… nah, just kidding! Which of the following words most accurately describes your best personality trait (you must pick only one!): Punctual. Good listener. Neat. Graceful. Generous. Cheerful.
ONE??? I would say generous, but I’m pretty sure the general consensus from others is ‘cheerful’ 🙂
3. Which of the following words most accurately describes your worst most challenging personality trait (even if you’re perfect, you must pick one):
Always late. Blabbermouth. Slob. Complete klutz. Scrooge. Grumpy pants.
The keyword here is ‘challenging’. I would say slob, but I completely own up to that one… which means it’s not really challenging, right…? The next one would probably be ‘blabbermouth’, then. Don’t say you weren’t warned.
4. Have you ever had a romantic crush on one of your characters? Who and why?
I think Jake Vance from Boardrooms & A Billionaire Heir. Because I wrote him with Seeley Booth (from Bones) in my head and I just loooove David Boreanaz :-*)
5. When writing an important scene, do you act it out to allow you to better describe what’s happening?
No, but I do read it aloud, especially the dialog scenes. I can edit out a lot of repetition that way.
6. Do you talk to yourself when writing or coming up with plot ideas?
Oh, yeah. But only in the car, where no-one can hear me. But of course, other drivers can *see* me, which can be quite disturbing… although probably not as disturbing as watching me belt out a song at high volume…
7. Who would be ideal to play YOU in a movie of your life?
Sandra Bullock 😀
8. If you could be any book character for one day, who would you be and why?
Scrooge McDuck – for all the money, of course!
9. You’re about to be left on a deserted island for a year, and while your basic food and water needs will be met, you can only bring one extra thing from the following. Which would you choose?
a) A pen and notepad that never runs out
b) An unlimited supply of books
c) An unlimited supply of chocolate, coffee, or alcohol (your choice)
d) A gorgeous man/woman depending on your preference
ARRRGGHH!! Toss up. The pen and notepad, which would be awesome? Or the man? Does he have to do my bidding? Because *that* would definitely tip the scales in his favor…
10. If you had the attention of the whole world for two minutes what would you say?
Stop FIGHTING, people!! Don’t you know there’s a climate change crisis?!
Thanks Paula, you have been awarded Ultra-Brave Author status!
Paula will be special guest speaker at the Australian Romance Readers Awards on 11th Feb. You can also check out Paula’s website here.
About Juliet MadisonHumorous & Heartwarming Fiction ~ Experience the magic of life and love...
Posted on February 6, 2012, in Interviews, Ten Awkward Author Questions and tagged author interviews, events, paula roe, ten awkward author questions. Bookmark the permalink. 7 Comments.
🙂 Great answers Paula!
Fab answers Paula! I do love these questions Julie 🙂
LOL Sandra Bullock! Perfect. 🙂
Love it!! And I’d go with cheerful for you too! You can always guarantee a Paula smile at the RWA confs. See ya Saturday 🙂
thanks for having me, Juliet! Was fun 🙂
You’re welcome, thanks for participating!
Interesting questions – and a fun idea! Enjoyed your answers too, Paula!