Amy Metz answers Juliet’s Ten Awkward Author Questions!
Posted by Juliet Madison
In this segment, authors will be subjected to a list of awkward questions that may reveal more about themselves than they really wish to share, and they will receive a score on the ‘Braveometer’. If they choose to answer only five questions, they are a ‘Brave Author’, if they answer 6 to 9 questions they are a ‘Mega-Brave Author’, and if they answer all 10 questions they are an ‘Ultra-Brave Author’!
Please welcome Amy Metz!
- If only one of your books could have been / could be published, which one would you choose? (C’mon, I don’t want to hear ‘Oh, I love them all, there’s no way I could choose.’ Time to be ruthless, these are the Ten Awkward Questions after all!)
I would choose Murder & Mayhem In Goose Pimple Junction since it is the first in a series. The others will be able to stand on their own, but this first one introduces the characters and the town, so if I had to pick one, that would be it. Start at the beginning.
- Okay, now which one of your children/family members would you… nah, just kidding! Which of the following words most accurately describes your best personality trait (you must pick only one!): Punctual. Good listener. Neat. Graceful. Generous. Cheerful.
- Which of the following words most accurately describes your worst most challenging personality trait (even if you’re perfect, you must pick one): Always late. Blabbermouth. Slob. Complete klutz. Scrooge. Grumpy pants.
Sadly, I’m a complete klutz.
- Have you ever had a romantic crush on one of your characters? Who and why?
No, not really a crush. All of my characters are my imaginary friends so to speak, but I haven’t written a character I’ve fallen for yet. Good idea, though. Maybe I’ll do that in the next book.
- When writing an important scene, do you act it out to allow you to better describe what’s happening?
Nope, never done that. I read scenes out loud, but I’ve never acted one out.
- Do you talk to yourself when writing or coming up with plot ideas?
Besides reading out loud, no. Sometimes I talk to my dog, but that’s just for deniability. I’m not talking to myself, I’m talking to the dog!
- Who would be ideal to play YOU in a movie of your life?
Oh my. My first thought is who would want to. But off the top of my head, I’d say Jodie Foster.
- If you could be any book character for one day, who would you be and why?
Elizabeth Bennet. Because she’s witty, intelligent, beautiful, and…come on…she ends up with Mr. Darcy.
- You’re about to be left on a deserted island for a year, and while your basic food and water needs will be met, you can only bring one extra thing from the following. Which would you choose?
a) A pen and notepad that never runs out
b) An unlimited supply of books
c) An unlimited supply of chocolate, coffee, or alcohol (your choice)
d) A gorgeous man/woman depending on your preference
You’re a cruel, cruel woman, Juliet. But, since it’s only for a year, I could get a lot of writing done if I were on a deserted island with no distractions, no things to do, or places to go, or people to see. So I’d say I would bring a pen and notepad that never runs out to a deserted island. Just don’t ask me which of the other three I’d miss the most.
- If you had the attention of the whole world for two minutes what would you say?
If I had the attention of the whole world for even two seconds I would probably get the deer in the headlights look and sputter something unintelligible. But since I sense that won’t be a good enough answer for you, I guess I would quote Revelation and say, “Hurt Not The Earth Neither The Sea Nor The Trees” and I would add: nor each other. Oh, and read my book, please, world!
Thanks for participating, Amy.
You have been awarded ‘Ultra Brave Author’ status on the Braveometer!