Jan Graham answers Juliet’s Ten Awkward Author Questions!
Posted by Juliet Madison
In this segment, authors will be subjected to a list of awkward questions that may reveal more about themselves than they really wish to share, and they will receive a score on the ‘Braveometer’. If they choose to answer only five questions, they are a ‘Brave Author’, if they answer 6 to 9 questions they are a ‘Mega-Brave Author’, and if they answer all 10 questions they are an ‘Ultra-Brave Author’!
Please welcome Jan Graham…
1. If only one of your books could have been / could be published, which one would you choose? (C’mon, I don’t want to hear ‘Oh, I love them all, there’s no way I could choose.’ Time to be ruthless, these are the Ten Awkward Questions after all!)
I’d choose Finding Angel because it is my first born and it set the platform for three more books.
2. Okay, now which one of your children/family members would you… nah, just kidding! Which of the following words most accurately describes your best personality trait (you must pick only one!):
Punctual. Good listener. Neat. Graceful. Generous. Cheerful.
3. Which of the following words most accurately describes your worst most challenging personality trait (even if you’re perfect, you must pick one):
Always late. Blabbermouth. Slob. Complete klutz. Scrooge. Grumpy pants.
I’m a Complete Klutz 3.5 weeks per month and Grumpy Pants for the other days.
4. Have you ever had a romantic crush on one of your characters? Who and why?
I have a romantic crush now on Steve. He’s in Finding Angel but he’s the main character in the next book Playing Jax. I love his sense of humour, his protectiveness of those he loves and the fact that he understands the difference between lust and love. Of course, my two beta readers tell me I can’t have him because he belongs to them.
No, because a lot of my important scenes involve violence (I write romantic suspense) and I wouldn’t like to be arrested.
6. Do you talk to yourself when writing or coming up with plot ideas?
All the time, I pace around the house or out in the yard mumbling to myself, I’m sure the neighbours think I have an illness.
7. Who would be ideal to play YOU in a movie of your life?
In my mind, I see Angelina Jolie, but realistically it’s more like Rosie O’Donnell.
8. If you could be any book character for one day, who would you be and why?
I’d be Georgina Kincaid from the Richelle Mead’s Succubus series because I’d get to have more sex than I am now.
9. You’re about to be left on a deserted island for a year, and while your basic food and water needs will be met, you can only bring one extra thing from the following. Which would you choose?
a) A pen and notepad that never runs out
b) An unlimited supply of books
c) An unlimited supply of chocolate, coffee, or alcohol (your choice)
d) A gorgeous man/woman depending on your preference
A gorgeous man (I’m thinking Hugh Jackman could fit the bill.)
10. If you had the attention of the whole world for two minutes, what would you say?
Thanks for being here, make sure you make it worthwhile.
Thanks for participating, Jan. You have been awarded Ultra Brave Author status on the Braveometer!
You can visit Jan and find out about her books at her website, or click on the book cover of Finding Angel to buy a copy!