Past, Present, & Future with Lisa Heidke
Posted by Juliet Madison
In celebration of the release of my debut novel, Fast Forward, I’m doing a series of interviews with authors about their past, present & future. Today, please welcome…Lisa Heidke!
1. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A veterinarian – before I realised I would have to deal with blood and operate on sick animals!
2. What did you do before you became a writer?
3. What is one of your most treasured memories from the past?
The toga parties at university were quite memorable…But as a kid, probably growing up with a menagerie of animals. We had dogs, cats, goats, rabbits, guinea pigs, fish and birds. I loved them all. (Maybe not the fish. They were difficult to get to know.)
4. What’s your latest release about and/or what are you currently working on?
I am currently writing a manuscript with the working title of Lily’s Little Flower Shoppe about a corporate woman whose career and love life have fallen flat so she embarks on a tree change. It’s not turning out like she (or I) expected.
5. What’s a typical day like for you? (If there is such a thing!)
I drag the kids out of bed, kicking and screaming, then shoo them off to school. I then faff around answering emails, checking out Facebook status updates and spying on who’s tweeting what in Twitter world. Then, and only then do I finally settle down to write. At the moment, my anxiety peaks around 5pm when my oldest son wanders through the door and suggests we ‘go for a drive’. He has his Leaner’s permit. Life on the road is a little scary. #Youhavebeenwarned
* Healthy children, loving family and friends.
* Maximum airbags in my car…should anything untoward happen when driving with son.
* At the moment, we are doing a huge pool/outdoor renovation and I am grateful I will only be living with mud, filth and excruciating noise for another six months.
January 2014…so I could see if the new pool the kids promised they would swim in – and clean – becomes a reality.
8. If you could have any new technology or invention in the future that would make your life a whole lot easier (or more fun), what would it be?
A sure fire cure for hangovers that doesn’t involve eating my body weight in sugary calories.
9. What are your hopes & dreams for the future?
Personally: Well–adjusted and healthy kids. That’s not ever going to change.
Professionally: To write the best stories I can and continue to get published. I won’t fall apart if I never get published again, but I am passionate about writing and reading. I won’t stop. #determined
Thanks for visiting the blog, Lisa!
About Juliet MadisonHumorous & Heartwarming Fiction ~ Experience the magic of life and love...
Posted on March 15, 2013, in Interviews, Past Present & Future and tagged aussie authors, author interview, chick lit, contemporary women's fiction, lisa heidke, women's fiction. Bookmark the permalink. 5 Comments.