Ten Awkward Author Questions with Michelle Elliot
Posted by Juliet Madison
In this segment, authors will be subjected to a list of awkward questions that may reveal more about themselves than they really wish to share, and they will receive a score on the ‘Braveometer’. If they choose to answer only five questions, they are a ‘Brave Author’, if they answer 6 to 9 questions they are a ‘Mega-Brave Author’, and if they answer all 10 questions they are an ‘Ultra-Brave Author’!
1. If only one of your books could have been / could be published, which one would you choose? (C’mon, I don’t want to hear ‘Oh, I love them all, there’s no way I could choose.’ Time to be ruthless, these are the Ten Awkward Questions after all!)
I would definitely opt to publish “Until We Meet” above the others. I feel that it’s probably my most mature book. I have enough experience of messing up so much with all the other books that I feel this one came out best 😉
2. Okay, now which one of your children/family members would you… nah, just kidding! Which of the following words most accurately describes your best personality trait (you must pick only one!):
Punctual. Good listener. Neat. Graceful. Generous. Cheerful.
I think everyone I know would say “Generous” and in most cases this is probably really accurate – except in any situations regarding chocolate. I am never generous in sharing chocolate!
3. Which of the following words most accurately describes your worst most challenging personality trait (even if you’re perfect, you must pick one):
Always late. Blabbermouth. Slob. Complete klutz. Scrooge. Grumpy pants.
I am definitely a complete klutz! I am so clumsy it is unbelievable. I will fall over my own feet or quite simply – fresh air! And I mess everything up at least ten times before I get it right!
4. Have you ever had a romantic crush on one of your characters? Who and why?
Yes – Two of the characters in my book “Until We Meet”. Why? Well the book, although fictional is actually based around real life events and dates I have been on myself and so it’s natural I actually fancied these ‘characters’ – and in the real life versions too!!
5. When writing an important scene, do you act it out to allow you to better describe what’s happening?
Does going on dates with my own book characters count as ‘acting it out’? If so, then absolutely – and it was great fun too!
6. Do you talk to yourself when writing or coming up with plot ideas?
I talk to myself when I’m not writing but I think I probably do it about ten times more when I am! I have ‘conversations’ with myself about good ideas and bad ones before writing things down.
7. Who would be ideal to play YOU in a movie of your life?
Absolutely a female version of Adam Sandler. He seems to play the daft, clumsy but rather romantic person in most of his films and I think he’d be perfect for playing me – Er, if he was a woman that is!
8. If you could be any book character for one day, who would you be and why?
I would be Ana Steele (50 Shades of Grey!) – and not for the pleasure of Mr Grey himself but definitely for the luxury of his private helicopter and very cute sounding brother!
9. You’re about to be left on a deserted island for a year, and while your basic food and water needs will be met, you can only bring one extra thing from the following. Which would you choose?
a) A pen and notepad that never runs out
b) An unlimited supply of books
c) An unlimited supply of chocolate, coffee, or alcohol (your choice)
d) A gorgeous man/woman depending on your preference
I’d opt for the pen and pad. I think in a year with nothing else to do or occupy myself with I could probably throw out a belter of a book!!
10. If you had the attention of the whole world for two minutes what would you say?
Don’t be afraid to love, trust and take risks even if you get your heart broken. You can only learn from your mistakes and some of the biggest ones can make awesome books *wink*
Congrats Michelle, you’ve been awarded Ultra-Brave Author status on the Braveometer!
About Juliet MadisonHumorous & Heartwarming Fiction ~ Experience the magic of life and love...
Posted on May 31, 2013, in General, Interviews, Ten Awkward Author Questions and tagged author interviews, chick lit, michelle elliot, ten awkward author questions, until we meet. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.