Ten Awkward Questions with Jenna Rutland
Posted by Juliet Madison
In this segment, authors will be subjected to a list of awkward questions that may reveal more about themselves than they really wish to share, and they will receive a score on the ‘Braveometer’. If they choose to answer only five questions, they are a ‘Brave Author’, if they answer 6 to 9 questions they are a ‘Mega-Brave Author’, and if they answer all 10 questions they are an ‘Ultra-Brave Author’!
Please welcome the author of JUST FOR THE SUMMER, Jenna Rutland!
1. If only one of your books could have been / could be published, which one would you choose? (C’mon, I don’t want to hear ‘Oh, I love them all, there’s no way I could choose.’ Time to be ruthless, these are the Ten Awkward Questions after all!)
Well, since I’ve only had one release so far, I’ve got to say, Just For the Summer!
2. Okay, now which one of your children/family members would you… nah, just kidding! Which of the following words most accurately describes your best personality trait (you must pick only one!):
Punctual. Good listener. Neat. Graceful. Generous. Cheerful.
Graceful – NOT! I’d have to go with Cheerful
3. Which of the following words most accurately describes your
worst most challenging personality trait (even if you’re perfect, you must pick one):
Always late. Blabbermouth. Slob. Complete klutz. Scrooge. Grumpy pants.
Absolutely complete klutz. My son likes to say, “If you just sit and watch Mom long enough, she’s gonna do something klutzy.”
4. Have you ever had a romantic crush on one of your characters? Who and why?
No, I haven’t yet. Hmmm, something to think about.
5. When writing an important scene, do you act it out to allow you to better describe what’s happening?
Only if nobody is home.
6. Do you talk to yourself when writing or coming up with plot ideas?
All the time!
7. Who would be ideal to play YOU in a movie of your life?
Oh, geez, a young Lucille Ball. (Sorry you young kids probably don’t know who she is.)
8. If you could be any book character for one day, who would you be and why?
Stephanie Plum from Janet Evanovich’s books. Why? To have to smoking hot guys both in love with you? Need I say more?
9. You’re about to be left on a deserted island for a year, and while your basic food and water needs will be met, you can only bring one extra thing from the following. Which would you choose?
a) A pen and notepad that never runs out
b) An unlimited supply of books
c) An unlimited supply of chocolate, coffee, or alcohol (your choice)
d) A gorgeous man/woman depending on your preference
It’s a tossup between the alcohol and the gorgeous man. Since I can only choose one, I’d have to go with the guy.
10. If you had the attention of the whole world for two minutes what would you say?
Without trying to sound like a Miss America runner up, I’d go with the “Learn to love and live in peace.”
Thanks for taking part, Jenna, you have been awarded Ultra Brave Author Status on the Braveometer!
>>You can visit Jenna at her website, facebook, twitter, and Goodreads.
About Juliet MadisonHumorous & Heartwarming Fiction ~ Experience the magic of life and love...
Posted on June 14, 2013, in Interviews, Ten Awkward Author Questions and tagged author interviews, bliss, entangled publishing, jenna rutland, just for the summer, romance, ten awkward author questions. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
Thanks so much, Juliet, for having me on your blog today!! Much appreciated!
My pleasure! I wish it was summery here today but it’s a tad chilly! 😉