At Home With… Ann B Harrison [Author Interview]
Posted by Juliet Madison
Today, we’re paying a visit to Ann B Harrison!
I live in the beautiful Hunter Valley in New South Wales, Australia
2. What do you love about the place you call home?
I’m surrounded by wineries, rolling hills and fabulous gardens. That does it for me.
3. Do you have a favourite local cafe, restaurant, bar, club, business, or store? Give them a plug here!
I love http://www.huntervalleygardens.com.au/ We go to the snow festival in the middle of the year and I take every visitor I get to spend time in the gardens or check out the chocolate factory.
[Juliet ~ I was a bridesmaid at a wedding there. Beautiful place!]
I have three dogs and a multitude of chickens. My oldest boy Zac has had trouble with his little googly eyes and had to have one removed. Here he is before the trouble started.
5. What is your favourite room in the house and why?
My office. I can lock myself away from the family and put on my music – usually Pink on the earphones – and write to my hearts content. It is the one room that nobody is allowed to touch.
6. If you had to evacuate your house, what three items (apart from people and pets!) would you take?
My laptop, my bag of heritage seeds and iPad.
7. If you had a magic wand, what’s one thing you would change about your home or your town?
The wind. I love it some days but lately, we have almost been blown away.
[Juliet ~ I’m the same! It can get very windy here on the coast]
8. It’s movie night at your place, the popcorn’s out, and everyone’s nabbed their favourite couch corner or armchair… what movie/s will we watch?
I’ve just watched Whitehouse Down and loved it. The next one I want to see and I believe it’s out soon, is Thanks for Sharing, starring Pink. (Can you tell I have girl crush on her?)
[Juliet ~ I really enjoyed Whitehouse Down too.]
9. Imagine you have the luxury of a chef for a night and you’ve invited people over for a dinner party, what would you have the chef cook?
It has to be something healthy for me. I’m a salad girl and prefer fish or chicken to red meat. Bit partial to a dessert too.
10. Name three books on your To Be Read bookshelf or e-reader:
I have hundreds. Presently reading the ARC of Gina Maxwells’ Fighting for Irish, Rome by Jay Crownover, Fallen Crest Public by Tijan.
11. Name something unique or uncommon that you have in your pantry or fridge:
Dog injections for arthritis. Is that weird enough? I have an old lab who needs a shot every month.
12. If you could live anywhere for one year, where would you go?
Scotland, I need my share of men in kilts.
13. You’ve just received a phone call from a friend or relative, and they’ll be arriving in five minutes for a visit. What do you do?
a) Relax on the couch until they arrive.
b) Put the kettle on; place some (probably homemade) snacks onto a tray; set the table; put flowers into a vase; and light a candle (and maybe even make some place cards with your super calligraphy skills).
c) Put the kettle on; tip out a few cookies onto a plate; check your reflection in the mirror, and wait.
d) Freak out; shove excess household clutter under beds, in cupboards, drawers, and the garage; trip over something in the process; hold an ice pack to your bruised forehead while swearing profusely; check the mirror to see if you’re still in pyjamas; frantically change into suitable clothing whilst simultaneously holding ice pack to your head; fall over again; alternate ice pack between head and location of new injury; then shove ice pack under bed and greet visitors with the fakest smile of pure calm you can muster.
C for sure but I’d probably forget to look in the mirror.
>> Even though Ann would probably love you to pay a visit, why not visit her online right now?
>> And help her pay for that in-house chef (or housekeeper) by buying a copy of her book, COMING HOME, here:
COMING HOME—but is the price too high for the Williams siblings?
Their father drove them away, now the conditions of his will are forcing them home and they may not like the rules he’s set.
The city hasn’t been kind to Doctor Russ Williams and he can’t wait to leave his broken marriage behind him. Superstar rugby player Cade, his career threatened by a crippling injury, has to face the fact that his glory days might be over. Rooney, carrying a secret she won’t be able to hide if she returns but lured by the promise of owning a vet practice. Three very different siblings with their own dreams, forced to face reality on the family property, confronted at every turn by their past. Will there be time for love?