Tracy Sumner answers ‘Juliet’s Ten Awkward Author Questions’
Posted by Juliet Madison
In this new segment, authors will be subjected to a list of awkward questions that may reveal more about themselves than they really wish to share, and they will receive a score on the ‘Braveometer’. If they choose to answer only five questions, they are a ‘Brave Author’, if they answer 6 to 9 questions they are a ‘Mega-Brave Author’, and if they answer all 10 questions they are an ‘Ultra-Brave Author’!
Today I’d like to welcome Tracy Sumner to take the challenge! And if you’d like to win two of Tracy’s ebooks, plus go into the draw to win a kindle at the end of her blog tour, make sure you leave a comment!
1. If only one of your books could have been / could be published, which one would you choose? (C’mon, I don’t want to hear ‘Oh, I love them all, there’s no way I could choose.’ Time to be ruthless, these are the Ten Awkward Questions after all!)
Easy answer for me! Tides of Love. Backstory: Tides of Love was written first. Brother: Noah Garrett. Tides of Passion followed: Zach Garrett. Why Tides of Love if I had to choose one.? Well, Noah Garrett is MY type of hero. He’s a marine biologist, Outer Banks, 1898. He lives a controlled life until her meets Elle. Tides of Love is just MY book. That’s all I can say.
2. Okay, now which one of your children/family members would you… nah, just kidding! Which of the following words most accurately describes your best personality trait (you must pick only one!): Punctual. Good listener. Neat. Graceful. Generous. Cheerful.
3. Which of the following words most accurately describes your worst most challenging personality trait (even if you’re perfect, you must pick one): Always late. Blabbermouth. Slob. Complete klutz. Scrooge. Grumpy pants.
Blabbermouth. I’m always late, too!
4. Have you ever had a romantic crush on one of your characters? Who and why?
See answer #1. Noah Garrett. Though I love my heros! All of them!
5. When writing an important scene, do you act it out to allow you to better describe what’s happening?
NO. I think I’d feel foolish even if I was alone. Though I do act them out a lot in my mind. Does that count? 🙂
I talk to myself all the time. And I start conversations in the middle of a sentence/thought with others. Odd.
7. Who would be ideal to play YOU in a movie of your life?
Maybe Sandra Bullock? How about Angelina Jolie!
8. If you could be any book character for one day, who would you be and why?
Scarlett O’Hara. Our personalities are similar. I’m a feisty southerner. And Rhett Butler was an awesome hero!
9. You’re about to be left on a deserted island for a year, and while your basic food and water needs will be met, you can only bring one extra thing from the following. Which would you choose?
a) A pen and notepad that never runs out
b) An unlimited supply of books
c) An unlimited supply of chocolate, coffee, or alcohol (your choice)
d) A gorgeous man/woman depending on your preference
B. I’m assuming I at least have water or I’d pick C. I’ll go with B; I think any man would get annoying after so much contained togetherness! Even if he was hot.
10. If you had the attention of the whole world for two minutes what would you say?
ADOPT DON’T SHOP. SPAY/NEUTER. Then, I might have a few seconds left over to talk about my books! Promo!
Tides of Passion: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005WVPFH0
Tracy’s story telling career began when she picked up a copy of LaVyrle Spencer’s Vows on a college beach trip. A journalism degree and a thousand romance novels later, she decided to try her hand at writing a southern version of the perfect love story. With a great deal of luck and more than a bit of perseverance, she sold her first novel to Kensington Publishing.
When not writing sensual stories featuring complex characters and lush settings, Tracy can be found reading romance, snowboarding, watching college football and figuring out how she can get to 100 countries before she kicks (which is a more difficult endeavor than it used to be with her four-year-old son in tow). She lives in Charlotte, NC, but after spending a few years in “the city”, considers herself a New Yorker at heart.
Tracy has been awarded the National Reader’s Choice, the Write Touch and the Beacon – with finalist nominations in the HOLT Medallion, Heart of Romance, Rising Stars and Reader’s Choice. Her books have been translated into German, Dutch, Portuguese and Spanish. She loves hearing from readers about why she tends to pit her hero and heroine against each other and that great novel she simply must order in five seconds on her Kindle.
WIN! Two commenters will be chosen by random.org for two eBooks each! TIDES OF PASSIONand TIDES OF LOVE! And all the commenters will go in the grand draw of a Kindle at the end of this tour! For further stops in this tour, please check the Author Page.
Thanks Tracy for taking part, you have been awarded ‘Ultra-Brave Author’ status on the Braveometer!
About Juliet MadisonHumorous & Heartwarming Fiction ~ Experience the magic of life and love...
Posted on December 2, 2011, in Interviews, Ten Awkward Author Questions and tagged author interviews, books, competitions, contests, ten awkward author questions, tracy sumner. Bookmark the permalink. 15 Comments.