Sunday Lunch with Tanya Contois
Posted by Juliet Madison
Today I’d like to welcome writer, Tanya Contois, to Sunday Lunch on the blog…
1. Can you tell us about a happy memory from your life that revolved around food?
A happy memory that revolves around food is the last time we went out for dinner while on vacation for my mom’s birthday, the year before my father died.
2. Do you have any food-related rituals or routines in your household, such as a specific meal for certain days of the week?
I don’t really have any rituals or routines but if I have bananas or greek yogurt in my fridge and pantry that’s what I eat for breakfast.
3. What is your favourite…
Drink: Coffee, powerade, and red wine.
Indulgence: Ben and Jerry’s ice cream.
Meal: Fried Chicken and homemade mac and cheese.
4. What’s the most revolting thing you’ve ever eaten?
I would exactly say it’s revolting, but the one food I have tried that I don’t plan on eating again is escargot. The garlic, butter, and cheese part was good but the snails were too chewy for my liking.
5. If you have children, have you discovered any ingenious ways to hide vegetables in meals?
I don’t have children but I have been making it a point to eat more fruits and veggies.
6. Is eating out at cafes and restaurants a regular part of your life? Do you have any favourite places you’d like to mention?
I don’t eat out very often but when I do one of my favorite places to eat is The Flying Rhino. They have really good food and they aren’t too expensive.
7. Do you eat while you write? Are there any particular foods or drinks you always have on hand while writing?
I don’t really eat while I’m writing but I almost always have a cup of coffee nearby when I’m writing.
8. If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, who would you choose?
I would choose my father because the last time I saw him alive was my 13th birthday and I never had the chance to tell him I loved him.
9. Which one of the following types of cooks are you?
- Cooking? What’s that?
- I cook only when I absolutely have to
- I’m an average cook, and stick to my regular meals
- I like to experiment with new recipes regularly, or create my own
- Next season of MasterChef – lookout!
I like to experiment with new recipes occasionally, or create my own.
Thanks for visitng the blog, Tanya!
You can visit Tanya on Facebook and Twitter, and remember, all comments left on the blog during may go into a prize draw at the end of the month!
About Juliet MadisonHumorous & Heartwarming Fiction ~ Experience the magic of life and love...
Posted on May 20, 2012, in Interviews, Mouthwatering May and tagged author interviews, food, Mouthwatering May, sunday lunch, tanya contois. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
I’m a homemade type of person. I seldom eat outside. That’s because I have a wonderful chef which is my mom.for a week I always have “Sayur Asem”. I don’t know what is the english of that food, but it’s kind of sweet sour soup containing long beans, fish and meat.
I love homemade food too, Juliana. That soup sounds nice, I love soup!