Posted by Juliet Madison
In this segment, authors will be subjected to a list of awkward questions that may reveal more about themselves than they really wish to share, and they will receive a score on the ‘Braveometer’. If they choose to answer only five questions, they are a ‘Brave Author’, if they answer 6 to 9 questions they are a ‘Mega-Brave Author’, and if they answer all 10 questions they are an ‘Ultra-Brave Author’!
Please welcome Jeanette Hornby…
1. If only one of your books could have been / could be published, which one would you choose? (C’mon, I don’t want to hear ‘Oh, I love them all, there’s no way I could choose.’ Time to be ruthless, these are the Ten Awkward Questions after all!)
Where The Heart Is
2. Okay, now which one of your children/family members would you… nah, just kidding! Which of the following words most accurately describes your best personality trait (you must pick only one!):
Punctual. Good listener. Neat. Graceful. Generous. Cheerful.
3. Which of the following words most accurately describes your worst most challenging personality trait (even if you’re perfect, you must pick one):
Always late. Blabbermouth. Slob. Complete klutz. Scrooge. Grumpy pants.
4. Have you ever had a romantic crush on one of your characters? Who and why?
Antonio in ‘Where The Heart Is’ because he’s a hot Italian
No, just picture it in my head about a hundred times
6. Do you talk to yourself when writing or coming up with plot ideas?
All the time, sometimes at the most inconvenient moments
7. Who would be ideal to play YOU in a movie of your life?
8. If you could be any book character for one day, who would you be and why?
Charlie from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory because he understands human nature
9. You’re about to be left on a deserted island for a year, and while your basic food and water needs will be met, you can only bring one extra thing from the following. Which would you choose?
a) A pen and notepad that never runs out
b) An unlimited supply of books
c) An unlimited supply of chocolate, coffee, or alcohol (your choice)
d) A gorgeous man/woman depending on your preference
d) A gorgeous man
10. If you had the attention of the whole world for two minutes what would you say?
Life is short, live your dreams!
Thanks for participating, Jeanette. You have been awarded Ultra Brave Author status on the Braveometer!
You can visit Jeanette and find out about her latest books at her website here. 🙂