WELCOME to the official post for the Three Wishes Blog Blitz to celebrate the release of I Dream of Johnny, my new novella out now with Escape Publishing!
From 2nd to 6th September you’ll have the chance to win some awesome prizes at all the blogs participating in the blitz, including mine. All you have to do is follow my instructions below for winning the prizes I have on offer, and click on the links of any or all of the other blogs taking part (list is below) to enter their giveaways as well. How cool is that? Why is it called the Three Wishes Blog Blitz? My new romantic comedy release, I Dream of Johnny, is about three wishes, a high-tech genie in a lamp, and one very unfortunate typo that proves magic isn’t all it cracked up to be…
Three Awesome Johnny’s:
Do you have a favourite Johnny, real or fictional? Here are my top three…
1. Johnny Depp: Okay, he’s in Captain Jack Sparrow mode here, but it’s such a great picture. How can you not love good ol’ Johnny? My first memories of him were when he was in 21 Jump Street and Nightmare on Elm street, in his pin-up-boy days. Such a great actor who’s made a great career for himself doing things his own way.
2. Johnny Castle (played by Patrick Swayze): Ahh, probably my favourite movie of all time: Dirty Dancing. I love the forbidden romance between Baby, an upper-class good girl, and Johnny, a guy from the wrong side of the tracks trying to make a living as a resort dance instructor. Patrick Swayze was great in this movie (R.I.P.), his character Johnny saying one of the most popular lines in movie history: “Nobody puts Baby in the corner.”
3. Jon Bon Jovi: My first celebrity crush, I was so excited when I bought my first poster of him for my bedroom wall. And I must know how to pick ‘em, because this Johnny has stood the test of time. Still rockin’ and rollin’ as we speak, and I still love Bon Jovi’s music.
So who is the Johnny in my book? I don’t want to give anything away, so here’s the blurb instead 😉
Getting three wishes isn’t all it’s cracked up to be when an unfortunate spelling error in Mandy’s high-tech magic lamp changes her wish for a Greek God into a Geek God. His fashion IQ is in the negatives, he’s clingier than cling wrap, and he has a penchant for breaking into song at inappropriate moments. Before Mandy can request a replacement wish, she has to put up with him for twenty four hours, and the timing couldn’t be worse – – it’s her friend’s wedding day, her ex will be there, and the God of Geeks insists on coming along for the ride.
Want to win some awesome prizes? Here’s how…
1. Simply leave a comment below and tell me which of the above three Johnny’s you’d love to have dinner with (yes I know we unfortunately don’t have Patrick Swayze/Johnny Castle with us anymore, but this is all about making wishes ;)), or perhaps there’s another Johnny/John/Jonathan you’d like to share a meal with instead?
2. Also, let me know whether you’re from Australia or International so I know which prize you’re eligible for.
Since this is all about 3 wishes, I have 3 prize packs! You could win:
Gift box containing a selection of paperbacks, including: The Book of Tomorrow by Cecilia Ahern, The Perfect Hero by Victoria Connelly, That Gallagher Girl by Kate Thomson, and Mounting Desire by Nina Killham.
Plus, an organic skin care pack containing body buff, body balm, and hand cream.
Plus, three postcard-sized magnets of my book covers – Fast Forward, I Dream of Johnny, and Starstruck in Seattle.
Am I generous or what? 😉
Two large paperbacks from Australian authors, including the very popular Man Drought by Rachael Johns & A Duchess to Remember by Christina Brooke.
Plus, three signed postcards of my book covers – Fast Forward, I Dream of Johnny, and Starstruck in Seattle.
Plus, winner’s choice of 3 ebooks from Escape Publishing.
Winner’s choice of 3 ebooks from Escape Publishing.
Plus, winner’s choice of either a 5 page critique of a sample of your writing, or have a character named after you or your pet in one of my future books (don’t worry, if you choose the pet option, I will name a pet character after it, not a human, although… you never know 😉
>>Enter now by leaving a comment below and telling me which Johnny you’d like to have dinner with and whether you’re in Australia or International. Winners will be chosen after midday on 6th Sept and must respond to the notification email within 48 hours or another winner will be chosen.
>> PLUS, if you want a bonus entry into the draw, buy I Dream of Johnny and forward your receipt to me before 12pm 6th Sept at jtmauthor(at)gmail(dot)com with BONUS ENTRY in the subject line.
Once you’ve entered my giveaway, visit any or all of the other participating blogs listed below to enter more prize draws. You could potentially win a whole heap of prizes! Good luck! 🙂 Competitions close midday Sydney time on 6th Sept.
LIST OF PARTICIPATING BLOGS– WIN MORE PRIZES! Click the links below to see what other bloggers have written using the ‘three wishes’ theme, and see what prizes they have to give away!
3. Iris B.
7. Georgina Troy.
8. Amber A. Bardan.
9. Téa Time Treat.
11. Cate Ellink.
13. S.E. Gilchrist.
14. Jennifer Joyce.
16. The Ecstasy Files.
18. Between The Lines.
19. Coleen Kwan.
20. My Written Romance.
21. Monique McDonell.
22. Becky on Books.
23. Sarah Belle.
24. Eva Scott.
26. Writing Under Fire.
27. Flying Pony.
29. Kerrie Paterson.
33. Book Babe.
34. A Slice of Tart.
36. Imogene Nix.
37. Lisa Swallow.
38. Lauren K McKellar.
39. J’aimee Brooker.
PLUS, my fabulous publisher has jumped in with a special blog post about three out-of-this-world book related wishes! A must-read, check it out here.
And remember to leave a comment below and enter the prize draw!