WELCOME to the official post for the Three Wishes Blog Blitz to celebrate the release of I Dream of Johnny, my new novella out now with Escape Publishing!
From 2nd to 6th September you’ll have the chance to win some awesome prizes at all the blogs participating in the blitz, including mine. All you have to do is follow my instructions below for winning the prizes I have on offer, and click on the links of any or all of the other blogs taking part (list is below) to enter their giveaways as well. How cool is that? Why is it called the Three Wishes Blog Blitz? My new romantic comedy release, I Dream of Johnny, is about three wishes, a high-tech genie in a lamp, and one very unfortunate typo that proves magic isn’t all it cracked up to be…
Three Awesome Johnny’s:
Do you have a favourite Johnny, real or fictional? Here are my top three…
1. Johnny Depp: Okay, he’s in Captain Jack Sparrow mode here, but it’s such a great picture. How can you not love good ol’ Johnny? My first memories of him were when he was in 21 Jump Street and Nightmare on Elm street, in his pin-up-boy days. Such a great actor who’s made a great career for himself doing things his own way.
2. Johnny Castle (played by Patrick Swayze): Ahh, probably my favourite movie of all time: Dirty Dancing. I love the forbidden romance between Baby, an upper-class good girl, and Johnny, a guy from the wrong side of the tracks trying to make a living as a resort dance instructor. Patrick Swayze was great in this movie (R.I.P.), his character Johnny saying one of the most popular lines in movie history: “Nobody puts Baby in the corner.”
3. Jon Bon Jovi: My first celebrity crush, I was so excited when I bought my first poster of him for my bedroom wall. And I must know how to pick ‘em, because this Johnny has stood the test of time. Still rockin’ and rollin’ as we speak, and I still love Bon Jovi’s music.
So who is the Johnny in my book? I don’t want to give anything away, so here’s the blurb instead 😉
Getting three wishes isn’t all it’s cracked up to be when an unfortunate spelling error in Mandy’s high-tech magic lamp changes her wish for a Greek God into a Geek God. His fashion IQ is in the negatives, he’s clingier than cling wrap, and he has a penchant for breaking into song at inappropriate moments. Before Mandy can request a replacement wish, she has to put up with him for twenty four hours, and the timing couldn’t be worse – – it’s her friend’s wedding day, her ex will be there, and the God of Geeks insists on coming along for the ride.
Want to win some awesome prizes? Here’s how…
1. Simply leave a comment below and tell me which of the above three Johnny’s you’d love to have dinner with (yes I know we unfortunately don’t have Patrick Swayze/Johnny Castle with us anymore, but this is all about making wishes ;)), or perhaps there’s another Johnny/John/Jonathan you’d like to share a meal with instead?
2. Also, let me know whether you’re from Australia or International so I know which prize you’re eligible for.
Since this is all about 3 wishes, I have 3 prize packs! You could win:
Gift box containing a selection of paperbacks, including: The Book of Tomorrow by Cecilia Ahern, The Perfect Hero by Victoria Connelly, That Gallagher Girl by Kate Thomson, and Mounting Desire by Nina Killham.
Plus, an organic skin care pack containing body buff, body balm, and hand cream.
Plus, three postcard-sized magnets of my book covers – Fast Forward, I Dream of Johnny, and Starstruck in Seattle.
Am I generous or what? 😉
Two large paperbacks from Australian authors, including the very popular Man Drought by Rachael Johns & A Duchess to Remember by Christina Brooke.
Plus, three signed postcards of my book covers – Fast Forward, I Dream of Johnny, and Starstruck in Seattle.
Plus, winner’s choice of 3 ebooks from Escape Publishing.
Winner’s choice of 3 ebooks from Escape Publishing.
Plus, winner’s choice of either a 5 page critique of a sample of your writing, or have a character named after you or your pet in one of my future books (don’t worry, if you choose the pet option, I will name a pet character after it, not a human, although… you never know 😉
>>Enter now by leaving a comment below and telling me which Johnny you’d like to have dinner with and whether you’re in Australia or International. Winners will be chosen after midday on 6th Sept and must respond to the notification email within 48 hours or another winner will be chosen.
>> PLUS, if you want a bonus entry into the draw, buy I Dream of Johnny and forward your receipt to me before 12pm 6th Sept at jtmauthor(at)gmail(dot)com with BONUS ENTRY in the subject line.
Once you’ve entered my giveaway, visit any or all of the other participating blogs listed below to enter more prize draws. You could potentially win a whole heap of prizes! Good luck! 🙂 Competitions close midday Sydney time on 6th Sept.
LIST OF PARTICIPATING BLOGS– WIN MORE PRIZES! Click the links below to see what other bloggers have written using the ‘three wishes’ theme, and see what prizes they have to give away!
3. Iris B.
7. Georgina Troy.
8. Amber A. Bardan.
9. Téa Time Treat.
11. Cate Ellink.
13. S.E. Gilchrist.
14. Jennifer Joyce.
16. The Ecstasy Files.
18. Between The Lines.
19. Coleen Kwan.
20. My Written Romance.
21. Monique McDonell.
22. Becky on Books.
23. Sarah Belle.
24. Eva Scott.
26. Writing Under Fire.
27. Flying Pony.
29. Kerrie Paterson.
33. Book Babe.
34. A Slice of Tart.
36. Imogene Nix.
37. Lisa Swallow.
38. Lauren K McKellar.
39. J’aimee Brooker.
PLUS, my fabulous publisher has jumped in with a special blog post about three out-of-this-world book related wishes! A must-read, check it out here.
And remember to leave a comment below and enter the prize draw!
On 2nd September at 12pm (Sydney Aus time) I’ll be hosting the Three Wishes Blog Blitz, and over 40 blogs will be participating in a whole lot of fun and giveaways! The blitz will run from 2nd-6th September 2013, and you have a chance to win some fab prizes at each of the participating blogs, as well as mine.
On the day I’ll post a link to all blogs taking part so you can not only enter my giveaway but enter theirs as well, so you could potentially win a heap of prizes! (and discover some great new authors and blogs too).
The blog blitz is to celebrate the release of my new novella, I Dream of Johnny, released 1st September, and yes, it is a story about three wishes 😉
Here are just a few of the awesome bloggers and authors that have registered to take part so far (and if you’ve registered, you’ll be receiving an email from me very shortly with all the details, so let me know if you don’t hear from me!):
Daystarz books, Nicola Moriarty, Coleen Kwan, Kate Belle/The Ecstasy Files, Jennifer Scoullar, S.E. Gilchrist, Monique McDonell, Mochas Mysteries & More, Tea Cooper, Lily Malone, Nicole Murphy, Alissa Callen, and more!
If you’re not taking part as a blog but would like to enjoy the blog blitz and win prizes, make sure you come back here on 2nd Sept. You might wish (ha!) to subscribe to the blog via email on the right hand menu in order to be notified on the day so as to not miss out!
See you back here in 7 weeks, and remember… be careful what you wish for! 😉
I’m holding a joint blog event to encourage cross-promotion and increased blog traffic to authors and bloggers. This is on 2nd September 2013 to coincide with the release of my novella, I Dream of Johnny on 1st September. Rather than just promote the new release, I wanted to do something where everyone’s a winner – authors, bloggers, and readers.
How would it work and why is it called the Three Wishes Blog Blitz?
As you may have guessed from the title of my novella which is play on the TV show, I Dream of Jeannie, the story involves a virtual genie in a magic lamp granting three wishes. For Mandy, one of these wishes goes hilariously wrong (she ends up with a Geek God instead of a Greek God). So I thought I’d do a ‘Three Wishes themed’ blog event.
How it would work is that interested authors or bloggers would create and schedule a blog post for 2nd September, and link it back to mine which will contain links to all the participating blogs. Each participating blog (and mine) will offer some sort of prize to readers who leave a comment, and the winners will be drawn a week later at the conclusion of the blog event.
The blog posts can relate to the theme of three wishes, wishes in general, or something to do with magical elements in fiction, romantic comedy, or even geeks as characters. For example, you could simply have a blog post titled: ‘My Three Wishes’ and write about what you would wish for if you had a magic lamp. The answers could be serious (world peace…etc) or funny (the ability to always find good parking spots)…etc, whatever you like. You could even have a photo blog post with pictures of three things you would love, three celebrities you’d love to meet, or three places you wish you could travel to…etc. You create the title for the post, and simply include the blog event title in brackets, eg: My Three Wishes [Three Wishes Blog Blitz]
What’s in it for you?
- Increased exposure and visits to your blog and/or books from cross-promotion. My official blog post will link to all the participating blogs and I’ll encourage people to visit as many as they can to take part and go in the draw for prizes. One person could potentially win multiple prizes, so it’s an enticing blog event.
- Potentially increased number of blog subscribers and new readers.
- Offer value to your existing blog subscribers and readers.
- A way to blog without having to come up with yet another idea for a post! (I’ve done the idea-part for you ;))
- Chance to win prizes yourself! Even participating blogs can enter the prize draws on other blogs.
- Chance to win a special ‘blog participant’ prize, reserved for one of the lucky bloggers who take part.
- You never know, your three wishes might even come true! 😉
Plus, it’ll be fun and we’ll all benefit from the combined marketing efforts during the week of the event.
I participated in a similar blog event through Book’d Out last January, and that post remains one of my top five most popular blog posts this year, thanks to the cross-promotion through all the participating blogs.
>>If you’re interested, sign up here, and feel free to share this opportunity with others. The more the merrier!
[UPDATE>> As of Thurs 4th July, 40 blogs have signed up. More are welcome!]
(Participating blogs will receive more details via email and will receive a reminder when the event is approaching).
Tweet this post (copy & paste into a tweet):
Want more visitors to your blog? Sign up for the Three Wishes Blog Blitz! via @Juliet_Madison https://julietmadison.wordpress.com/2013/06/29/three-wishes-blog-blitz/
Looking for something to blog about? Here’s an idea: via @Juliet_Madison https://julietmadison.wordpress.com/2013/06/29/three-wishes-blog-blitz/
Bloggers! Authors! Cross-promotional blog event coming up. Sign up here: via @Juliet_Madison https://julietmadison.wordpress.com/2013/06/29/three-wishes-blog-blitz/