WOW – what a month! It may be the shortest month of the year but I’ve enjoyed every day of February, the month my debut novel, FAST FORWARD was released into the world. It’s been both exhausting and exciting; writing guest blogs and interviews, interacting with readers, promoting on facebook and twitter, checking sales rankings, and trying to squueze in some more writing too! I managed to complete a 16,000 word novella during all the hype, which I’m pretty pleased with. 🙂
BIG thanks to all the wonderful bloggers that have hosted me on my blog tour, and to everyone who’s followed me along the blog tour and left comments on my posts and interviews, it’s been great fun! If you haven’t yet, or you’ve only made a couple of the stops, there’s still time – today is the last day of the tour and there are plenty of interesting interviews and articles to read about my writing journey, my book, my characters, my inspirations, and even which funny scene was based on personal experience!
I’d love to see you there…simply click on the below links that interest you and leave me a comment and you’ll be entered into the draw to win a $50 Amazon gift card or a $25 Amazon gift card. When it comes to ebooks, that amount can get you a LOT of great books! But you can also spend it on anything at Amazon.
Also, don’t forget if you’ve bought FAST FORWARD you can also win a bonus $25 Amazon gift card as a thank you for buying my book. Simply forward me your email receipt to fastforwardbook(at)gmail(dot)com and you’ll be in the draw!
I’ll allow a bit of time for the non-Aussies to catch up to the end of February, Australian time, and then I’ll draw the winners sometime over the next day or two, so keep an eye out on the blog, twitter and facebook and check your inbox over the weekend – it could be you!
Here are all the blogs you can leave a comment on to enter into the draw:
Juliet Madison blog – Release Day celebration post
ARRA / Australian Romance Readers Association – Release Day post
Rachael Johns blog – Do You Have The Creative Curse?
Strange Candy Reviews – From Idea to Publishing Contract in Nine Months
RWA / Romance Writers of Australia – Author Spotlight interview
Mochas, Mysteries, and More – Book spotlight & excerpt
Read In A Single Sitting – Interview/Feature
You Gotta Read – You Gotta Write, Right?
Manga Maniac Cafe – Interview
Romance Book Paradise – Time Travel in romance – it’s not only for sci-fi
Stella Ex Libris – Creating the Characters of Fast Forward
Australian Bookshelf – Motherhood in Fiction
Chick Lit Central – Valentine’s Day Interview
Sarah Belle’s blog – 5 Fun Facts About Fast Forward
Beauty & Lace – Interview
Kerrie Paterson’s blog – My TBR pile; what I’m reading
Louise Reynolds’ blog – Cooking The Books – the food in Fast Forward
Ramblings From This Chick – Opposites Attract – the romance in Fast Forward
Chick Lit Bee – Getting inspiration from movies
Susanne Bellamy’s blog – Interview
Annie Seaton’s blog – How I Became a Writer
Thanks for visiting, I’ll see you on the blogs! 🙂
Have you entered the prize draw in my blog tour yet? It’s happening all throughout February, and you could win a $50 Amazon Gift Card (to buy ANYTHING), or the runner up prize of a $25 Amazon Gift Card.
It’s easy to enter, simply comment on any of the guest posts or interviews I’m doing during my blog tour. You can see the full schedule via this link, but here’s a run down of the blogs I’ve visited this past week so you can check them out and leave a comment. Every blog you comment on counts as one entry, so comment on more to have more chances to win! And remember to share the details with your friends
- At Romance Book Paradise I talked about time travel in romance, it’s not only for sci-fi! Do you have a favourite time travel story?
- At Stella Ex Libris I talked about how I created the characters of Fast Forward. Come and share who your favourite book characters are! There’s a lot of discussion going on here.
- At the Australian Bookshelf I discussed Motherhood in Fiction.
- At Chick Lit Central I was interviewed on Valentine’s Day and even shared my first crush! *blush* – 2 copies of Fast Forward are up for grabs here too if you comment before midnight on 20th Feb US time.
- At up and coming author Sarah Belle’s blog I shared 5 Fun facts About Fast Forward. Which funny scene was based off personal experience?? 😉
- At Beauty & Lace I was interviewed about my journey to publication, and I also discuss social media for writers and what I’m working on next!
- At Kerrie Paterson’s blog I shared what’s in my Leaning Tower of To Be Read books!
- And today I’m at Louise Reynolds blog on ‘Cooking The Books’, where I discuss the futuristic food that appears in Fast Forward, as well as a few excerpts to whet your appetite 😉
I hope to see you on the blogs!
Thanks to everyone who’s rated and reviewed the book so far, and those who’ve sent me messages telling me how much they enjoyed the book. I really appreciate it!
Here are a few reviews that have been posted:
>>Remember, if you’ve read FAST FORWARD, you could also win a bonus $25 gift card by forwarding your receipt to fastforwardbook(at)gmail(dot)com ! Good luck! 🙂
It’s been just over a week since my debut novel, FAST FORWARD, was released, and what an amazing week it’s been! It feels great to have a story out there, and even greater having had such great feedback from it so far! A BIG thank you to those who’ve bought it, reviewed it, told their friends about it, and messaged me to say how much they’ve enjoyed it. It really means a lot.
Have you taken part in my blog tour yet? It’s happening all throughout February, and you could win a $50 Amazon Gift Card (to buy ANYTHING), or the runner up prize of a $25 Amazon Gift Card. It’s easy to enter, simply comment on any of the guest posts or interviews I’m doing during my blog tour. You can see the full schedule via this link, but here’s a run down of the blogs I’ve visited so far so you can check them out and leave a comment. Every blog you comment on counts as one entry, so comment on more to have more chances to win! And remember to share the details with your friends 🙂
- At the ARRA blog I share the blurb for Fast Forward and tell you a bit about my inspiration.
- At Rachael Johns’ blog I talk about The Creative Curse, and share photos of celebrity drawings I did when I was a teenager.
- At Strange Candy Reviews I share how I went from idea to publishing contract in nine months.
- At the RWA blog I’m being interviewed under the Author Spotlight and sharing a brief excerpt.
- At Mochas, Mysteries, & More I’m sharing an excerpt involving a dangerous piece of support underwear!
- At Read in a Single Sitting, Stephanie Campisi wrote up a fantastic feature article based on my interview which is all about The Art of the Do-Over Novel. I also discuss why I opted for digital publication.
- At You Gotta Read I talk about why I’ve Gotta Write, and also share my writing process.
- And at Manga Maniac Cafe I’m being asked some interesting interview questions such as how I came up with the idea and the characters, what my character’s theme song would be, and what book turned me onto reading.
On Monday 11th Feb I’ll be at Romance Book Paradise discussing time travel in romance, so keep an eye out for that one!
Also, you could win a bonus $25 gift card when you purchase Fast Forward by forwarding your receipt to fastforwardbook(at)gmail(dot)com !
Okay, now for the secret…
Something has been brewing at the Escape Publishing headquarters. An idea has surfaced, thanks to innovative Ainslie Paton and the backing of the wonderful Escape team. The Escape authors, or Escape Artists as we are known, are going on an Escapade! No we’re not jetting off around the world for an adventurous holiday or African safari (although, there’s an idea), our Escapade is taking place right on the Escape blog.
To get straight to the point:
30 Authors – 1 Story – 1 Month
That’s right, 30 Escape authors are going to join forces to write one short story over one month, with each author’s contribution being posted daily on the Escape blog from Feb 14th onwards! Anything could happen, and we are just as in the dark as you are! Each contribution will follow on from the one before, so the authors only have a short amount of time to read the previous installment and write the next bit. It could be amazing, it could be a flop – but it will be entertaining! Make sure you follow the Escape blog and follow @escapepublisher on Twitter to follow the story, and visit the blog every day from Valentine’s Day onwards. My contribution will be posted on the 23rd Feb. I’m excited, and also a little scared!
See you on the Escapade! 🙂
Just a quick blog post today to let you know I’m over at Monique McDonell’s blog talking about my upcoming book, FAST FORWARD, and my writing processes. Here’s the link.
I’d love you to come and say “Hi!”
I’ll also be on Anita Heiss’ blog very soon talking about five things I’m grateful for, and Lindy Dale’s blog for her 23 Days of Christmas interview series, so keep an eye out!
I’ve been busy writing guest posts and doing interviews for my Fast Forward Blog Tour which will commence in February 2013. I’d like to get as many of these as possible written before Christmas so I can spend more time in January working on my next book and revising another one. Whether it’s blogging, interviews, or working on a novel – I’m always writing in one form or another!
Hope to see you over at Monique’s blog 🙂